Volunteering in Colorado USA is one of the most rewarding things you can do, both for yourself and for the charity or organization you’re volunteering with. Not only will you make a positive impact on the community in which you live, but you’ll also get to meet new people, learn new skills and have plenty of fun! Here are five great places to volunteer near you.
Places to Volunteer in Denver
There are plenty of ways to get involved and make a difference in your community. Here are a few places to start:
- -Volunteer with a local charity or non-profit organization
- -Start or join a gardening or conservation club
- -Help out at an animal shelter or rescue organization
- -Host a food drive for local charities
American Red Cross
Volunteering for the American Red Cross is a great way to give back to your community and make a difference in someone else's life. There are many ways to volunteer with the Red Cross, from helping out at a blood drive or disaster relief center to providing support behind the scenes at our chapters. No matter what you choose to do, there is sure to be something that interests you and fits your skills. Here are five places near you where you can get involved!
- American Red Cross chapter nearest you: If you're looking for a localized volunteer opportunity, your local chapter is probably the best place to start. Many chapters offer volunteer training and opportunities to get involved in specific areas, such as fundraising or disaster response. You can also find information on how to become a chapter leader on our website.
- The American Red Cross website: The American Red Cross website offers a variety of ways for volunteers to get involved, from online donation drives and social media campaigns to assisting with disaster relief efforts. You can also sign up to receive email updates about upcoming opportunities, or search for specific types of volunteering that interest you.
- AmeriCares: AmeriCares is
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit construction organization that helps low-income families in the United States build or improve their own homes. Volunteers are needed for a variety of tasks, including framing, siding, roofing, and more. Habitat for Humanity also offers housing training and other resources to volunteers.
To find a local Habitat for Humanity chapter, please visit www.habitat.org or call 1-800-424-2427.
Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community, make new friends, and have some fun! There are many places to volunteer near you, so check out the United Way website for a list of local organizations. Here are five great ways to get involved:
- Habitat for Humanity: Help build homes for families in need.
- Special Olympics: Help athletes with intellectual disabilities compete in sports.
- Food Pantry: Sort and distribute food to people in need.
- Pet Adoption Agency: Find new homes for animals in need.
- Women’s shelter: Provide comfort and support to women who are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless.
Friends of the Library
Volunteering with Friends of the Library is a great way to give back to your community, learn new skills, and make new friends. Here are five great places to volunteer near you:
- The library - Whether you're helping out in the children's department or shelving books, there's something for everyone to do! You can also sign up to be a library ambassador, which gives you the opportunity to talk about the library and its services to people who visit.
- Habitat for Humanity - This organization helps low-income families in need by building and rehabilitating homes. You can help by working on a crew building homes or donating money or materials.
- American Red Cross - If you're feeling brave (or want to help out those in need during a natural disaster), consider volunteering with the American Red Cross. There are many different ways you can help, from providing shelter to driving trucks and distributing supplies.
- United Way - Volunteerism is a great way to get involved in your community and support non-profit organizations. With so many different causes to choose from, United Way has something for everyone! You can donate time or money, and work on campaigns.